Re: [ferret_users] install pyferret7.5 on mac high sierra

Hi Xiaoyu,

If you install PyFerret using conda or miniconda, you do NOT source ferret_paths.sh or ferret_paths.csh.
The "conda activate FERRET" sets up the environment variables for you.  After the "conda activate FERRET", you just type "pyferret" to run and you should see the conda version (v7.5) of PyFerret.

If you do the "source ferret_paths.sh", it will overwrite the environment variables so that "pyferret" will run whichever version of PyFerret referenced in that ferret_paths script.  That is why you are seeing the old v7.4 version.

Kind regards,
Karl