[ferret_users] install pyferret7.5 on mac high sierra

Dear ferreters,

I am trying to install pyferret7.5-RHEL7-64-Python2.7 on a Mac high Sierra 10.13.6. My former pyferret7.4 works fine but somehow I want a newer version.

After reading Karl's suggestion form https://github.com/NOAA-PMEL/PyFerret/blob/master/README.md, I downloaded miniconda3 to install pyferret7.5. However, After I went through all the steps, pyferret7.5 did not pop out when I used conda activate FERRET. After a few attempts, I switched to pre-built installation that I am more familiar with.

The installation went well till I tried to source ferret_path.sh. Seems to me that no matter I use source or . to run the .sh file, the sh. file did not work (running under sudo -s). My pyferret7.4 pops out every time. Even I use . /usr/local/ferret7.5/PyFerret-7.5.0-RHEL7-64-Python2.7/bin/pyferret my old friend pyferret7.4 popped out.

NOAA/PMEL TMAP

  PyFerret v7.4 (optimized)

  Darwin 15.6.0 - 04/17/18

  23-Apr-20 16:37