Re: [ferret_users] PyFerret on Windows?

Hi PyFerret users,

Thank you all for your help!

PyFerret finally works on my friend's Windows Linux Subsystem (WLS).  As you all say, we need to install an X-Window system outside WLS.

So, here are the steps we took, just for a record:

- Install VcXsrv ( https://sourceforge.net/projects/vcxsrv/ ) onto Windows, not within WLS .

- Add this one line to your $HOME/.bashrc

export DISPLAY=:0

and restart the Linux terminal.

That's all.  (These steps are described in the third comment of this Q&A session
https://askubuntu.com/questions/993225/whats-the-easiest-way-to-run-gui-apps-on-windows-subsystem-for-linux-as-of-2018 )

Next we'll work on copying images from WLS to Windows using your advice, and I'll report back about that later.

Ryo