Re: [ferret_users] PyFerret on Windows?

Ryo,

I have used both Xmin and X-Win 32 as X-WIndows servers and they work fine. I made a donation for the latest and greatest Xming, X-Win 32 is a commercial product.  I have not tried VcXsrv.

From the perspective of WSL you can see your windows files in /mnt/c (or whatever your drive letter is). So taking my situation as an example if I create a plot in /home/schweitzer under WSL, I can

 cp /home/schweitzer/plot.png /mnt/c/Users/schweitzer/Documents/.

And then I can see it using Windows File Explorer like any other Windows file.

You can also mount and unmount other Windows driveS to WSL with:

sudo mount -t drvfs D: /mnt/d

and

sudo umount -v /mnt/d

I hope this helps.