Re: [ferret_users] Edges and @AVG

Hi Alexendar,

You're right. If the monthly data is meant to represent the first through end of the month, then the best way to recenter would be by using the @ASN transformation as you suggested.  That doesn't do any operation on the data itself.

Alternatively you can redefine the time axis within the session, which replaces the definition that Ferret/PyFerret is using within the session (but doesn't change the file).  It really comes down to the same thing.  Give it the right time-axis definition, probably using /EDGES to put the cell edges at the start/end of months and therefore the grid points at the middle,

yes? use my_data.nc
yes? define axis/edges/t[...]  `var,return=taxis`

You'd get a warning message like this,

Replacing definition of axis TIME
           *** NOTE: grid GDN1 used by data set my_data
           *** NOTE: Redefinition may alter apparent contents of data set