Re: [ferret_users] Edges and @AVG

> On Feb 25, 2020, at 12:26 PM, Alexander Audet <alexander.c.audet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> The full fix would probably be to first regrid it into proper 1-month time slots using the @ASN transformation as described in the above link, then regrid it a second time into the seasonal 3 months using the @AVG.

There's a danger here: The first step of averaging to put the data onto explicit months when the time points are centered on the first of the month is a smoothing operation before you start to do anything else. Won't that have a larger effect than the length-of-month problem?

It seems to me that "1/2 December, January, February, and 1/2 of March" is the right way (least smoothing) to define DJF. You could do this manually, or use @ave specifying dates; in that case if Ferret understands the calendar it will do this correctly.

Billy K