Re: [ferret_users] printing filename and line number at error

Ryo—

On 28 Jan 11:46 Ryo Furue wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 11:39 PM Marco van Hulten <Marco.Hulten@xxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > When Ferret returns an error, is it possible to print the filename and
> > linenumber of the GO script?
> > [ . . . ]
> > This is especially useful in my case where I am using jnl scripts that
> > call other jnl scripts and so on.
> >

> I would certainly appreciate such a feature.  But, with "set mode verify",
> you can usually track down where the error is.

Yes, that's true enough.  I now initialise a variable "verbosity" and
then use this line at the start of my scripts:

    \if `verbosity lt 2` then cancel mode verify else set mode verify

and cancel at the end of the script.  That way VERIFY is disabled when
back at the prompt.

—Marco