Re: [ferret_users] fixed scaling factor by default

The /SCALE=... option to SET WINDOW will allow you to set the value in Image -> Scale through the ferret command line.
And I see that option is not described in the Ferret manual; my apologies.

-- If the value is a positive number, the image is scaled with that factor, the window is resized as best possible to fit that image size and display size, and automatic rescaling of the image to fit the window size (by the user interacting with the window frame) is turned off.

-- If the value is negative, the image is scaled with that factor, the window is resized as best possible to fit that image size, and automatic rescaling of the image to fit the window size is turned on (which may revise the scaling factor to fit the window on the display and may revise the window size - aspect ratio - to fit the image aspect ratio).

-- If the value is zero, the current window scaling factor is used but automatic rescaling of the image to fit the window size is turned on  (which, again, may revise the scaling factor to fit the window on the display and may revise the window size - aspect ratio - to fit the image aspect ratio).

Karl