[ferret_users] L-shaped masking spatially

Dear Ferreters,
G'day

I am struggling with the masking of the data. I want to create a mask for an L-shaped region spatially. I know I am doing something stupid that I am unable to create this mask.

I am trying in this way, as masking a straight box is easy but I am not understanding the logic for the L-shaped complexity.

let maskpp=if x[gx=correl] ge 50 and x[gx=correl] le 210 and y[gy=correl] ge (-45) and x[gx=correl] le 155 and y[gy=correl] ge (-10) and x[gx=correl] le 50 then correl else 0

the boxes as shown in the plot are having dimensions like this

go box 50, 210, (-10), 10
go box 180, 210, (-45), (-10)

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

cheers, Saurabh

--

REGARDS

Saurabh Rathore
Research Scholar (PhD.)
Centre For Oceans, Rivers, Atmosphere & Land Science Technology
Indian Institute Of Technology, Kharagpur
contact :- 91- 8345984434