[ferret_users] how to calculate precipitation centroid

Dear ferreters,

I am calculating precipitation centroid which contains a term "Latitude*zonal mean Precipitation" and then use @DIN to sum them up. I plan to calculate it by defining a new variable like let Latitude=j[GY=zonal precipitation] but I found the Latitude came out from this syntax is point instead of latitude. Since I am using multiple model simulations, defining the Latitude manually would be inefficient.

So I am wondering how to use the variable's latitude column to define a new variable. Or how can I transform the latitude value into numeric form.

Cheers,

--
Xiaoyu