[ferret_users] Re: bin data files in ferret

Hi,

I am working only part time so the Ferret List is the best place to write.  I just wrote an answer to the list suggesting swapping X and Y, so it's good to hear you found that solution.  I'm writing back to the List here, because use of aggregations is a good discussion for the users

It's true that the T aggregation works only with NetCDF files, or OPeNDAP datasets.  I suppose you could try opening the files, defining an ensemble aggregation, which would give you data on a X-Y-E grids, and then reshape that E-aggregation to a grid in X-Y-T with the appropriate T axis.  Or, if you don't mind making copies of the files, when reading the individual .bin files, define each grid with a single-point Time axis, and write to a netCDF file that you could aggregate in time later on.