[ferret_users] installing pyferret on public Linux machine

Dear pyferret users and developer team,

I was wondering what's the best practice for installing pyferret on a public Linux machine, when

1) You are NOT a sysadmin of the Linux machine;

2) The sysadmin is willing to install STANDARD Linux packages via the machine's standard package manager; and

3) The sysadmin is willing to execute a very simple sequence of commands.

Under (2), I would need to tell the sysadmin which package to install ("anaconda" or "miniconda", for example) ?

Alternatively, the sysadmin is willing to create a new directory under /usr/local/ and give you (me) a write permission to it.  Then, I hope I can install pyferret there using anaconda, for example.  But then, I don't know how to tell anaconda to install everything under the specified directory to which I have a write permission.

Simplicity is important, because otherwise updating pyferret would be burdensome to the sysadmin, especially when there will be only one or two users of pyferret . . .

Regards,
Ryo