Re: [ferret_users] anomalies in time series

Hello Randye,
G'day

To your query, it is the way that I use to do.

use  data.nc   ! load the data !

! generate the mask of the variable (var) in the data set, to your query I hope it is the time series you are talking about e.g. ENSO index time series !

let var1 = if var ge 1 then var     !! this is the value which is greater than or equal to 1
let var2 = if var le -1 then var     !!  this is the value which is less than or equal to -1

list var1, var2        !! this will show you the magnitude with dates !!

save/file=mask-var.nc var1, var2   !! in case if you want to save them !!

exit

hope this helps, let us know if it doesn't suit your requirement.

Cheers, Saurabh