Re: [ferret_users] Attribute on the 3rd coordinates to prevent a transpose of a plot ?

Hi Olivier,

Because the iteration coordinate is assigned to what Ferret usually uses as the "level" or "depth" axis, it is assuming the most appropriate plot by default is one with this "depth" on the vertical axis.  Since iteration sounds like it would be better on the "ensemble" axis, so there are two solutions that come to my mind:
-- add a depth value to the variable in the NetCDF file (so have VAR(iteration,time,nz,ny,nx) where nz a some single coordinate); or
-- open the NetCDF file in Ferret with the /ORDER=XYET qualifier which will associate the iteration coordinates with the ensemble axis and will not have a depth axis.

(I am surprised by the L=10 since what you show has only six time steps.)

Karl