[ferret_users] Linear regression on a vs plot

Hi,

I am relatively new to ferret and am struggling to plot a regression line on a vs plot. I am using annual mixed layer depth and sea surface temperature data from 1970 – 2099.

This is what im currently doing, following a previous post https://www.pmel.noaa.gov/maillists/tmap/ferret_users/fu_98/msg00121.html

Yes? Plot/vs mld[i=@ave,j=@ave],sst[I=@ave,j=@ave]

Yes? Let p = sst

Yes? Let q = mld

Yes? Go regresst

Yes? plot/vs/line/over p[I=@ave,j=@ave],qhat[I=@ave,j=@ave]

However plotting ‘p,qhat’ doesnt give me a single line and also doesn’t look correct - shown in the picture I have attached. I would also like to obtain the rsquared value for this plot and am unsure how to.

Many thanks,

Emma