[ferret_users] SHAPEFILE_READXY

Hi everyone.

I’ve been trying to read in a shapefile to PyFerret with which I want to create a mask using the shapefiles that it contains. I’ve tried following the instructions on the website to using this code:

SHAPEFILE_READXY(SHAPEFILE, MAXPTS)

Returns X, Y coordinates of shapes from shapefile. Missing value separates shapes.

However I keep getting errors:

yes? SHAPEFILE_READXY("./ospar_polygon_wdpa_simplified.shp",100000)

**ERROR: command syntax: SHAPEFILE_READXY("./ospar_polygon_wdpa_simplified.shp",100000)

yes? let MPA = SHAPEFILE_READXY("./ospar_polygon_wdpa_simplified.shp",100000)

**ERROR: command syntax: SHAPEFILE_READXY("./ospar_polygon_wdpa_simplified.shp",100000)

          unknown function "SHAPEFILE_READXY"

Does anyone know why this is happening, is it something that I need to manually add to PyFerret or should it find the function itself?

Many thanks,

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10