Re: [ferret_users] Grey/gray and dashed lines for a polar stereographic plot

It is easy to define the line numbers to be different colors:

ppl color,LINE_NUMBER,R,G,B

LINE_NUMBER will be 1-6 (unless you are using SET MODE LINECOLORS; see the documentation).
R,G,B are values from 0-100

Gray might be 50,50,50

The line numbers circulate after 6: 7 is thicker black, 8 is thicker red, ..., 13 is even thicker black, etc.

Unpredictable results can occur if you redefine a line color within a single plot! That's what MODE LINECOLORS is for.

If you want to make white lines, use RGB values of 99,99,99, not 100. Maybe this bug has been fixed, but using RGB values 100,100,100 used to crash Fprint.

To make dashed lines (with the PLOT command):
plot/.../dash=(down1,up1,down2,up2) variable
where down means "draw this length line", up means "leave this blank space".

PyFerret gives even more control.

Billy