Re: [ferret_users] PPL Shade

When all else fails, define multiple viewports with the same specs. Then each subsequent plot overlays the other without /OVERLAY and resulting potential for interference:

def vi/x=0,1/y=0,1 v1
def vi/x=0,1/y=0,1 v2

set vi v1
(first plot)
set vi v2
(second plot)

When I do this I first do a test leaving all the axes to be drawn and labeled so I can be sure that the overlays are truly consistent. (This method breaks Ferret's inherent checking for this). Then for the final plot remove all the later axes with PPL AXSET,0,0,0,0 (remember to revert this after).

Billy