Re: [ferret_users] Customizing ppl SHAKEY

Hi,

The code that locates the text is trying to account for the location on the page next to the colorbar, fitting the text into the margin around the plot, and the text size.  I have seen examples using PyFerret which have text overlaying the colorbar, so this issue needs some work within PyFerret.  One workaround for you might be to define the margins so there is more white space next to the colorbar.  The script "go margins" is a convenient way to set the plot margins.  It uses "plot inches", so if you are using viewports, often a little experimenting is needed.  Another possibility, if the colorbar labels have a large number of digits, may be to rescale your data.

If you would be willing to send more details about your commands, and perhaps an image that shows what's happening it might help us to improve this.

Ansley