[ferret_users] how to put symbol in legend

Dear Ferreters,
G'day

I am trying to put a legend to my plot in which i used symbol (sym=29). I am trying to put that symbol as my legend but I am unable to do so. here is my code.

use "/media/srathore/Binny/data/rain/mine/noaa_prel/precip_calender.nc"

plot/ov/thick=3/noaxes/nolab/nokey/col=4/opacity=70 precip[x=110E:155E@ave,y=45S:10S@ave,t=16-jan-1972:16-dec-1974]/precip[x=110E:155E@ave,y=45S:10S@ave,t=16-jan-1972:16-dec-1974@std]
plot/thick=2/ov/noaxes/nolab/nokey/col=1/opacity=30/sym=29/size=.6 precip[x=141E:155E@ave,y=29S:10S@ave,t=16-jan-1972:16-dec-1974]/precip[x=141E:155E@ave,y=29S:10S@ave,t=16-jan-1972:16-dec-1974@std]

!plot/ov/nolab/col=1/thick=2/opacity=30/sym=29 12,4
!go legend 5 rain-Qld

ppl plot/ov

So how to put this symbol as a legend on my desired location, with my choice of color, thickness, opacity and size ?

cheers, saurabh

--

REGARDS

Saurabh Rathore
Research Scholar (PhD.)
Centre For Oceans, Rivers, Atmosphere & Land Science Technology
Indian Institute Of Technology, Kharagpur
contact :- 91- 8345984434