Re: [ferret_users] Use Map symbol in plot/vs

Hi Karen,

These sets of symbols such as Cartographic, Math, etc, are not available for PLOT/VS but are only for use in labels. That's the case for both PyFerret and classic Ferret. I think your best option would be to look at the PyFerret named symbols, and perhaps experiment with defining your own custom symbol, which is described just below  that section.  You make a little file with the shape defined, and then call that file by naming it.

I've added a couple of notes to https://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/ferret-fonts/list-of-ferret-fonts to clarify this.

Ansley