Re: [ferret_users] regarding time axis tics

Hi,

You're right.  In PyFerret we haven't got this spacing right yet in all instances.  Have you set the tic-mark size to a small value?  I think this is the only way to control the placement of those numbers for now.  Compare these two plots; the first looks fine, the second shows the problem you're describing:

yes? use monthly_navy_winds
yes? set win/asp=.6
yes? plot/y=1/x=1/t=1-jan-1983:1-dec-1985 uwnd

yes? ppl tics,0,0,0,0
yes? plot/y=1/x=1/t=1-jan-1983:1-dec-1985 uwnd

A possible workaround might be to set the 'large' tics for year boundaries.  Try these settings,

PPL TICS .0,.2,.0,.2,0,0

or,

PPL TICS .0,.2,.0,.2,-1,-1