Re: [ferret_users] different fonts through SET TEXT

Hi Ansley—

Je Wed, 3 Apr 2019 09:17:04 -0700 skribis Ansley:
> It looks as if we need a clarification to the documentation, and perhaps
> the code itself.  In my example,
>
> yes? set text/font=serif
> yes? set text/font=arial/bold/color=blue vtics
> yes? ! draw plots...
>
> if we leave off the first SET TEXT, then the second one, asking for a
> setting for one text group, is ignored, and we're still using Hershey
> font.  I think that's what you were reporting at the start of this
> thread. PyFerret should write a NOTE in that case.

Such a NOTE is useful.

The documentation,

  https://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/pyferret/pyferret-quick-start-notes
  https://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/commands-reference/SET#_SETTEXT

says that «the settings are applied only to that text grouping.»
However, they are apparently applied to a subset of the text groups, so
the documentation could say something like

  For the options /ISIZ=, ... and ..., the settings are applied only to
  the that text group; whereas for the options /FONT=, ... and ...,

they are not applied/something else happens.

—Marco