Re: [ferret_users] Opening identical datasets define axis that are shared

Hi Patrick,

Identical axes are shared as datasets are opened.  For them to be shared, they need to be identical in all respects including axis name, units, and coordinates. For your purposes it should be enough to just rename the first dataset's axis before opening the second set.

use http://vesg.ipsl.upmc.fr/thredds/dodsC/work_thredds/p86pasb/IPSLCM6/PROD/midHolocene/CM61-LR-H6k-03/MONITORING/files/ATM_t2m_global_prio_ave.nc

set axis/name=new_name `var,return=taxis

use http://vesg.ipsl.upmc.fr/thredds/dodsC/work_thredds/p86pasb/IPSLCM6/PROD/midHolocene/CM61-LR-H6k-02/MONITORING/files/ATM_t2m_global_prio_ave.nc