Re: [ferret_users] ekman transport -reg

Hi,
I think you should replace 'k' with 'z' (because k is depth level in ferret, while we are requiring actual depth which is z)

Regards,
G Satyesh

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 3:23 PM srinivas kotta <srinivas.kotta116@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear ferreters

I am have ekman depth (2d-variable), i would like to do ekman transport upto ekman depth. Now the problem is i am unable to locate ekman depth in currents data (3d data).

let mask=if k lt ekman_depth then 1  !! I am trying to mask below ekman depth 0 here
let ro=1026
use currents.nc !!! zonal and meridional currents data up to 1000m depth.
let ztrans=ro*mask*ucur[z=@din]

but here I am getting surface transport only. Help me how to locate and  integrate  upto ekman depth.

Thank you,
srinivas

--
G Satyesh