Re: [ferret_users] reg: nc file not reading -- NetCDF: Not a valid data type or _FillValue type mismatch (OPeNDAP/netCDF Error code -45

Thanks for your reply. I will try this.

regards
milika

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 11:16 PM Ansley C. Manke <ansley.b.manke@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Milika,

The file uses the "string" type for attributes, and Ferret/PyFerret
currently only implements reading of character-type strings.  The NetCDF
API has recently been adding functionality for this, but we have not yet
worked through implementing this.

Here is a previous thread on this.  The user was able to handle this by
changing the file using NCO operators to change string-typed attributes
to character type.

https://www.pmel.noaa.gov/maillists/tmap/ferret_users/fu_2018/msg00265.html

Ansley