Re: [ferret_users] Masking regions that have standard deviation outside of the range I have set

Hi Josh,
Perhaps the syntax needs to be corrected for the condition. Corrected one -->
let mask= if mld[l=1:120@std] lt 30 OR mld[l=1:120@std] gt 80 then 1000 else mld[l=1:120@std]
Now you should shade mask (and not mld). Because mld variable is unchanged here.

Another way which I use in ferret for masking is :
let mask=if mld[l=1:120@std] lt 30 OR mld[l=1:120@std] gt 80 then 1/0 else 1;
let mld_good=mld*mask ;
^ So mld_good variable is my mld variable at places where std is in (30,80). Everywhere else it is bad or missing (1/0 is not commutable, hence is treated as missing .... )

Regards,
Ghetiya Satyesh,
India