Re: [ferret_users] Composite Event

Dear Deni,

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 3:00 PM Deni Okta Lestari <deniokta.lestari28@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am using 250 years precipitation data. I am trying to composite the precipitation during ENSO event by using NINO index. kindly help me to produce composite analysis using conditional if ?

Assuming that the timeseries of the Niño index has exactly the same time axis as your precipitation variable,

let masked_precip = if index gt threshold then precip

In this way, the new precipitation variable is defined only when index is larger than the threshold.  Then your composite is a simple average over the time axis because the averaging operator ignores undefined time steps.

Hope this helps,
Ryo

Best regards
Deni