Re: [ferret_users] PyFerret/Ferret release v7.4.4

Hi Karl,

Thank you for the information!

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 7:44 AM Karl Smith - NOAA Affiliate <karl.smith@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I discovered another issue when attempting to update PyFerret 7.4.2 to 7.4.3 in conda - it thinks it has to downgrade the version of NumPy.  (Another mystery to solve.)  So if you have PyFerret 7.4.2 and want to update to 7.4.3, you need to explicitly tell it to update pyferret, which will downgrade NumPy.  After that I updated everything and it appears to be working just fine (on a Linux system).  So the commands I issued were (where "FERRET" is the conda environment in which PyFerret is installed):
    conda update -c conda-forge -n FERRET pyferret
    conda update --all
    conda update -n FERRET --all

That has been successful.  It has downgraded several packages, including NumPy.  When I launched pyferret, however, I got this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/miniconda3/envs/FERRET/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pyferret/__init__.py", line 45, in <module>
    from pyferret import libpyferret
ImportError: dlopen(/usr/local/miniconda3/envs/FERRET/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pyferret/libpyferret.cpython-36m-darwin.so, 2): Library not loaded: @rpath/libfontconfig.1.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/local/miniconda3/envs/FERRET/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pyferret/libpyferret.cpython-36m-darwin.so
  Reason: Incompatible library version: libpyferret.cpython-36m-darwin.so requires version 14.0.0 or later, but libfontconfig.1.dylib provides version 13.0.0

I guess there is an incorrect dependency. The /usr/local/miniconda3/ directory tree includes only fontconfig-2.13.0  (but I don't know if that's the one pyferret depends on).

Regards,
Ryo