Re: [ferret_users] from gridded fields to point data in 4D

Hi Ansley,

  Yes, that would work, I just do not know how to deal with the z-interpolation. I tried the following below w/o much success.

  To simplify things I regrid to data points in 3D (no time axis), which coordinates are "datlon", "datlat", and "datzzz". My gridded modeled variable at a given time is var_mod and I first interpolate in the horizontal, that is,

  let var_mod=D13C[L=1]
  let var_mod_xy=SAMPLEXY(var_mod,DATLON,DATLAT)

  Then I need to interpolate along the vertical at the white crosses in the figure in PS, which I plotted as:

  sha var_mod_xy

  let ipts=x[g=var_mod_xy]
  plot/vs/ov/sym=2/color=w ipts[i=1:394],datzzz

  Any help on how to do this z-interpolation will be much appreciated, at any rate. I tried

  let var_mod_xyz=var_mod_xy[gz=datzzz]

  but gives me the same 2D field as var_mod_xy.

  Thanks,

Mariona

PS: