Re: [ExternalEmail] [ferret_users] Proleptic Gregorian Calendars overridden

Hi,
We had somehow glossed over this distinction between PROLEPTIC_GREGORIAN and GREGORIAN, instead as you found handling a PROLEPTIC_GREGORIAN specifier as if it's GREGORIAN.  We'll work on getting the correct behavior into Ferret; as given in the CF standard:
gregorian or standard

Mixed Gregorian/Julian calendar as defined by Udunits. This is the default.

proleptic_gregorian

A Gregorian calendar extended to dates before 1582-10-15. That is, a year is a leap year if either (i) it is divisible by 4 but not by 100 or (ii) it is divisible by 400.

Ansley