Re: [ferret_users] ferret jupyter netcdf error after loading ferretmagic extension

Hi Kwesi,

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 1:56 AM Kwesi <kwesi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I get an error from jupyter;
yes? use levitus_climatology
NetCDF: Not a valid ID (OPeNDAP/netCDF Error code -33)  is this a CDF file ?

I am able to use levitus_climatology and other ferret datasets when I run pyferret from terminal.

Not knowing jupyter, I hazard a guess: Perhaps "the environment" for pyferret isn't properly set from within jupyter.  Perhaps it's linked with a wrong netcdf dynamic library. . . .

Do you see any difference between the usual pyferret and that invoked from within jupyter, for

    yes? spawn env | grep -i fer
    yes? spawn env | grep -i conda

Ryo