Re: [ferret_users] building ferret configuring site_specific.mk

Hi Dave and Martin,

It says "insert the locations of the HDF5, NetCDF, and readline directories, and java". How do I figure out what those paths are and whether or not I have the correct software installed yet?

What operating system are you working on?  Most OSes have standard or popular packaging systems.  For example, if you are on Debian Linux, you will install those libraries by

    $ sudo apt-get install netcdf

and the like.  (Or aptitude is better, I guess.)  I'm not sure about Java, though.