Re: [ferret_users] variance Calculation

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 9:02 PM USHNANSHU DUTTA <ushnanshudutta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is it possible to compute variance for each year in a single scrpt in ferret?

Here Andrew shows a method to calculate a "running correlation":

The method includes (or implies) how to calculate the running variance.  (See my response to Andrew.)

The value you want is the running variance at the center of each year.  (I haven't thought about how to extend it to cases where the length of the year isn't constant.)

Hope this helps,

Ryo