From: owner-ferret_users@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-ferret_users@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ansley Manke - NOAA Federal
Sent: 24 September 2018 17:00
To: Ferret users mailing list <ferret_users@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ferret_users] No error messages

Hi Sarah,

I have not seen this kind of thing before.

First I'd like to suggest that you update to a recent release of PyFerret (or Ferret).  Version 6.5 is over ten years old, and the first thing to do is to get up to date.

Try using one of the datasets that are part of the Ferret distribution, for instance,

yes? use etopo60
yes? show data

How about an opendap dataset?

yes? show data

Do other Ferret commands work?  See if you are able to run scripts, for instance:

yes? go ptest

Ansley