Re: [ferret_users] PyFerret on Mac : still some problems :-(

OK, PyFerret from conda works fine :-))

Thanks for this great work !

Olivier

Le 30 août 2018 à 17:43, Karl Smith - NOAA Affiliate <karl.smith@xxxxxxxx> a écrit :

I have seen differences in displayed window behavior between using Sierra and using High Sierra as the OS.  Last I had seen displayed windows were not working at all for Sierra (exactly the error messages Olivier has shown), but were working fine (except for a warning message with each new window) for High Sierra.  This issue is either in the Qt package or the OS.  Possibly updating to the latest Qt/PyQt (if not there already) may help.

I do not recommend using the prebuilt distribution for Mac; I probably will not provide that package in the future.  Instead, as Ryo mentions, use the conda build or build it yourself using Homebrew packages.

Kind regards,
Karl

--
Dr. Olivier Marti  - mailto:olivier.marti@xxxxxxxxxxxx