Re: [ferret_users] @din integration with spatially limit

Hi,

Yes, You will need the @WEQ transformation along with the indefinat integral transform @IIN

Example 3 here shows how to get salinity on an isotherm

https://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/variables-xpressions/XPRESSIONS#_VPINDEXENTRY_532

Now, reather than salinity, you want the value of the indefinite integral

so

let isotherm_26 = temp[Z=@WEQ:26]
let  myvar = var[z=@iin]                           !!! Actually this might be wrong. There is a new transform in the latest Ferret let myvar=var[gz=var@iin] or something similar might be better.
let integrand_26 = myvar * isotherm_26

and so on.

If you computed d_26 earlier and no longer have the temperature field then we nee to create a new variable based on the depth field ad find the zero of the depth-d26
See example 5 for something similar.

let zero_at_26 = z[g=integrand] - d26
let isotherm_26= zero_at_26[z=@WEQ:0]

Oh yeah, You might need to replace missing values of the integrand with zero in case the temperature is >26 all the way to the sea floor.

Russ