Re: [ferret_users] multiple overlay plot issue

Hi,

So long as the variables are all on valid calendar-time axes, that is each axis must have a time unit and time origin, then they should overlay correctly, without having to be on the SAME axis at all.   Also, of course, note that you want to use the @ASN regridding transformation only if that's the right transformation to use. It ignores any time encoding that there may be, of the data you're applying it to.

Try this example:

yes? define axis/t=1-jan-2010:31-dec-2012:1/units=days/t0=1-jan-2000 timeaxis
yes? let var1 =  cos(t[gt=timeaxis]/100)
yes? plot var1
yes? define axis/t=1-jan-2011:31-mar-2011:60/units=minutes/t0=1-jan-2011 thours
yes? let var2 = 0.5*sin(t[gt=thours]/8000)
yes? plot/over var2

-Ansley