Re: [ferret_users] pyferret on macOS: successful installation

Hi Ryo,

Thank you for this excellent news!  I had recently seen that multiple windows were now working with the latest High Sierra/Python/PyQt/Qt on a couple of Mac systems, but I am glad to get confirmation from others.  I am not sure what updates got around the program freezing/crashing when attempting to display a second window (the previous behavior).

I do not have access to any Mac OS X Sierra systems, so if anyone has very recent experience with this older Mac OS X version and can report, I would be very grateful.  (Previous behavior under OS X Sierra was the program freezing/crashing when attempting to display even the first window.)

The error message is generated by OS X or Python.  ("Metal" is the graphics framework that Apple has been using to replace OpenGL.)  This is why we have not been able to do much about this issue with Mac OS X Sierra and High Sierra.

Best regards,
Karl