[ferret_users] making a continuous timesaxis with JJAS values

Dear Ferret users,
                           I have time series which had only four month( ie JJAS ) values.

 1948  jun    1.370
 1948  jul   1.636
 1948  aug  1.542
 1948  sep   1.832
 1949  jun  0.523
 1949  jul  0.220
 1949  aug  0.532
 1949  sep  1.313
 1950  jun  0.275
 1950  jul  1.068
 1950  aug  1.100
 1950  sep  1.347
etc till
 2015  jun  -1.662
 2015  jul  -3.908
 2015  aug  -3.032
 2015  sep  -2.286

 I would like to make above time axis into a continuous one from january to december for the entire data period without having any change in the JJAS values. I tried to define a grid with

DEFINE AXIS/t=15-jun-1948:15-sep-2015:1/UNITS=months tax_mon
LET var_new = var[Gt=tax_mon@lin]
save/file=out.nc/clobber var_new

I am getting continuous time axis from january to december for 1948 to 2015, but the values of JJAS of each year has been changed.

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,
Chinnu Sachidanandan