Re: [ferret_users] @FNR in 2D fills up x dimension first

Hi Hella,

The function fill_xy does  fill in two dimensions together, but with one caveat. Here is your script, with the xax and yax axis definitions changed so that the points are not in the corners of the domain

yes? let a   = {1,1,8,8,2}
yes? let b   = {1,8,8,1,4}
yes? let val = {2,4,6,8,10}

yes? def ax/x=-2:10:1 xax
yes? def ax/y=-2:10:1 yax

yes? def sym lev = (1.5,10.5,1)

yes? !! assign values from dots to grid cells
yes? set win 1
yes? let gridded = SCAT2GRIDGAUSS_XY(a,b,val,x[gx=xax],y[gy=yax],0.8,0.8,0.8,0)
yes? shade/lev=($lev) gridded

yes? show function fill_xy
FILL_XY(DATA,MASK,N)
    fills missing values with average nearest neighbour values
    DATA: this arg is filled
    MASK: mask (1 -> fill, missing -> do not fill)
    N: the maximum number of fill-passes

yes? ! define a mask that's 1 everywhere
yes?
let mask = 0*missing(gridded,1)+1

yes? set window/new
yes? shade/lev=($lev) fill_xy(gridded, mask, 1)

! also look at fill_xy(gridded, mask, 2), fill_xy(gridded, mask, 3) ...
The function avoids filling singleton points that lie in a corner of the domain. We'll have to look into why that happens, but otherwise this function does what you need.

Ansley