Re: [ferret_users] regarding if-then-else mask

​Dear Russ,

Thanks for the input I am successfully able to generate this plot. with my ferret version.

Cheers, Saurabh​

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 2:38 PM, Russ Fiedler <russell.fiedler@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Saurabh,

Listing it is fine for me but there's a subtle thing here that is happening when you try to plot things. You need valid consecutive points in order to get line segments plotted.
For instance, April 1998 has a value of 1.15  so is moderate but March is 1.65 (strong) and May is 0.9 (neutral) so you get nothing plotted.

try

plot/thick=2/sym/line nino1,elnino1,lanina1

where elnino1 and lanina1 are defined to be moderate. See attached image where you can see the isolated points.

If you aren't getting anything it may be a problem with you Ferret version. I'm using 7.4

Russ