Re: [ferret_users] Orthographic projection - variable from 1-degree model

ok good to hear.  Now, to look at the data without the projection, use the "3-argument" version of the SHADE command or FILL command for a Curvilinear Coordinate grid where the longitude/latitude information is in the variables tlon, tlat.

yes? use test1.nc
yes? show attributes hi
     attributes for dataset: ./test1.nc
 hi.units = m
 hi.long_name = grid cell mean ice thickness
 hi.coordinates = TLON TLAT time

yes? shade hi, tlon, tlat

Then go have a look at this this FAQ:

https://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/faq/curvilinear-data-in-map-projections and follow through those ideas to draw your data with the projection.  We're happy to help if you still have questions once you've got started.

Ansley