[ferret_users] Re: [ferret_users] dρ/dz calculation using pyferret

Hi,
there are three derivatives defined in ferret. If a variable depends on "z", say on the vertical coordinate, the derivative is

let drho_dz = rho[z=@ddb]
let drho_dz = rho[z=@ddc]
let drho_dz = rho[z=@ddf]

where @ddb, @ ddc and @ddf denote the backward, central and forward derivative.

You find examples and more details in the manual:

http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/variables-xpressions/XPRESSIONS#_VPINDEXENTRY_482

Best,
Martin