Re: [ferret_users] appending ensemble slabs

Hi all,

This turns out to have been an issue when the data we're appending has an "abstract" axis in the appending directions. It's not particular to the E or F axes, but happens for any axis except for time. This seems to be a long-standing behavior that nobody had run into before.

It's best to define fixed axes for use with appending - I've added a note on this to the section of the Users Guide "Appending a slab to NetCDF files".

However what Ryo tried to do should work, and there is a fix for this which will be in the next Ferret release - or which can be picked up now if you are getting code from GitHub and building Ferret yourself.

Ansley