Re: [ferret_users] color palette with non-monotonic levels/ specify levels

You need RGB_Mapping By_Value. Here's an example off-centered blue-to-red spk file, where the numbers in the left column are in data units, and the next 3 columns are the RGB values:

RGB_Mapping By_value
-20 20 20 100
-2 85 85 85
1 85 85 85
42 100 20 20

Call this in the usual way in a SHADE or FILL command:

def sym clev "(-20,42,2,-1)dark(-10,40,10)del(0)"
fill/lev=($clev) MY_Variable

And search the manual for RGB_Mapping

Billy