Re: [ferret_users] Installation problem

thank to all of you
I already add the path in bashrc. and give ferret in terminal and output is:
bash: /usr/local/ferret/bin/ferret: No such file or directory.

please help

gopal

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 7:17 PM, Karl Smith - NOAA Affiliate <karl.smith@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
You need to source the ferret_paths script in your own shell to set the environment variables,
including adding the directory ferret is in to PATH.  You need to do this each time you open a
new shell (command line window).  You can add this source command to one of the standard
start-up files to do this automatically when you start a new shell.  See the man page for bash
on that.

What you did as root just environment variables for root which then went away when you
closed that window.

Karl