[ferret_users] Overlapping shape file. on my lat long grid.

I have recently started working on ferret. I am working on climate
data, However I am stuck at some point, so I would be needing help
from ferret users.

I want to overlap a shape file over my lat long grid. How can I do that?

Problem that I am facing is the file that I have is in .shp format or
.kml format. I dont know how to convert it into .nc. Also i dont know
how I can put my study area map (that is .shp file) over my lat long
grid. Once done, How can I remove the area outside my study area.

Anurag Kumar