Re: [ferret_users] z range (z=zz:zzz) doesn't limit the plotting within the range

Hi,
Yes, there are a number of subtle things about grids and regions in Ferret.  Generally the mindset is about working with the data as if it spans the grid cells. For instance an average of a variable over z=0:900 would include a contribution from a partial grid box up to the value of 900.

A mask like you suggest would definitely do the job.  Here's another way to define it, using the 'event' transformation.

  yes? let zcoords = z[gz=var]
  yes? let zmask = if zcoords[z=@EVNT:900] eq 0 then 1