Re: [ferret_users] scaling vectors at various latitudes

Hi Ansley,

Thanks for your message!

There is a cosine-latitude correction done if the vector plot is in the XY plane, but in other planes, such as these X-Z vectors, the single latitude where the plane lies isn't taken into account.  I'll get that fixed -- a plot with your vectors at 0 and 24 degrees latitude with this correction is attached.

Nice!  For my present application, I'm fine with the present behavior of Ferret. I just wanted to make sure that I understand what Ferret does.

Best regards,

Ryo